The modern Kalamazoo Pipe Band was founded in 1964 by Dr. John Beaton and others associated with the Upjohn Company who were interested in piping. The Kalamazoo Pipe Band is a non-profit organization involved in teaching and performing in the southwest Michigan area. We hold weekly piping and drumming and practices. The band participates in parades, festivals, and community events across the state of Michigan.
This site provides information for
- those interested in hiring a single piper or the band for parties, weddings, and funerals;
- those interested in learning to play;
- anyone interested in highland bagpipe music.
Are you a fan of Scottish Highland culture?
Visit our partner organization in the greater Kalamazoo area, the Kalamazoo Scottish Festival Association.
- 2020 St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Saturday, March 14
- 2020 Green Ice Hockey Game, Tuesday, March 17