The modern Kalamazoo Pipe Band was founded in 1964 by Dr. John Beaton and others associated with the Upjohn Company who were interested in piping. The Kalamazoo Pipe Band is a non-profit organization involved in teaching and performing in the southwest Michigan area. We hold weekly piping and drumming and practices. The band participates in parades, festivals, and community events across the state of Michigan.
This site provides information for
- those interested in hiring a single piper or the band for parties, weddings, and funerals;
- those interested in learning to play;
- anyone interested in highland bagpipe music.
- Kalamazoo 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony, September 11, 5:30 pm Valley Family Church
- Oshtemo Fire Safety Day, October 12, 11:30 am, Flesher Field.